The Pimeria was a region (never defined with any exacting detail) of Spanish colonial Mexico that encompassed what is now southern Arizona and northern Sonora. Derived from the Pima Indians who live in the region, the name first appeared on a map prepared in 1696. This online collection consists of over thirty separate maps, ranging in date from 1556 to 1854. Each map features detailed cataloging information, along with a brief profile of the cartographer responsible for creating each document. A built-in viewer also allows visitors to zoom in and out of each map, as well as adjust the pixel size to their liking. The site is rounded out by a discussion of the methods used to create the online exhibit, along with credits to the respective personnel at the University of Arizona who made the project possible.