This video is targeted toward students who are using a digital microscope for the first time. The video will demonstrate the following:
1) Parts of the digital microscope
2) Preparing a wet mount of Elodea
3) Preparing a wet mount of onion epidermis
4) Viewing chloroplast and cytoplasmic streaming in Elodea leaf and
5) Measuring an onion epidermis cell.
The equipment used in this video is Micro-optics Motic binocular microscope that comes with a specific software Motic Images Plus. However, there are a variety of different options available for classroom use. In each case, the student will be able to learn how to appropriately use the digital microscope and prepare wet mounts for live viewing of cells and cell structures like a cell wall, nucleus and chloroplast.
(no comments available yet for this resource)