Installation issue: syntax error, unexpected '<'

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
guidicini
Installation issue: syntax error, unexpected '<'

Hello I am trying to perform a fresh installation of CWIS on MAC computer on which i usually use an up to date installation of the MAMP ambient  as a local web server.

I have tried many times but i always get almost the same error which is reported in the verbose installation report I attach to this post.

It refers to an unexpected ">" carachter on a row of the file where there is a </script> code.

How can i fix this problem?

That Script code seem to be alone, but if i rey to delete it i obtain either a white page or a checksum mismatch.

CAn you help me?

Thanks in advance.

Fabrizio

CWIS 3.2.0 Installation
Site Base URL:    http://localhost:8888/CWIS32/
Database Host:    localhost
Database Login:    root
Database Name:    cwis32
Admin Login:    guidicini
Admin E-Mail:    f.guidicini@gmail.com

[begins and ends the creation of the various tables - omitted]

Initializing application framework...
Uncaught Exception
Location: /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/CWIS32/lib/AxisPHP/Axis--StandardLibrary.php[54]
Trace:
#0 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/CWIS32/include/StartUp.php(101): require_once()
#1 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/CWIS32/installcwis.php(823): require_once('/Applications/M...')
#2 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/CWIS32/installcwis.php(1766): InitializeAF()
#3 {main}

ealmasy
Re: Installation issue: syntax error, unexpected '<'

What version of PHP are you using?

PHP 7 removed support for using <script> tags to get in and out of PHP, and it sounds like that's the error you're encountering.  If you need to run under PHP 7, you may want to for the upcoming CWIS 3.9.0 beta release, which will be out next week and includes numerous additions and fixes specifically to accommodate PHP 7.

guidicini
Re: Installation issue: syntax error, unexpected '<'

That is great, infact my version of MAMP If I have checked well brings a php 7 version. I think that for my PC I will wait for the next release of the time to wait is so short. Thank you for the propmt reply!

Fabrizio