NISOD’s International Conference on Teaching and Leadership Excellence is the definitive gathering of community and technical college educators passionate about teaching and learning. Over the years, NISOD’s annual conference has provided faculty, administrators, and staff with the resources, ideas, and solutions that drive excellence in all areas of community and technical college campuses. Come and be inspired by thought-provoking sessions and Preconference Seminars designed specifically for community and technical college educators committed to improving student achievement. With more than 300 sessions in a variety of focus areas and formats presented by your colleagues from across the world, you’ll walk away with dozens of ideas you can implement immediately.
This year's event will feature sessions on the following tracks:
- Career and Technical Education, Apprenticeships, and Internships
- College Readiness, Remediation, ESL, and First-Generation Students
- Competency-Based Education and Other Alternate Credentialing Strategies
- Contemporary and Progressive Teaching, Counseling, and Advising Strategies
- Emerging Issues and Trends at Community and Technical Colleges
- Entrepreneurship, Strategic Alliances, and Collaborations
- Evidence and Inquiry, Predictive Analytics, and Other Data Considerations
- Faculty Hiring, Development, Support, and Governance
- Guided Pathways and Other Completion and Transfer Efforts
- Improving Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Libraries, Makerspaces, Fablabs, and Other Active Learning Sites
- Using Technology to Improve Student and Organizational Outcomes
The conference is scheduled to take place from May 29 - June 1, 2021 in Austin, Texas at the JW Mariott hotel. Those interested in atending can regsiter to paritcipate, or submit a proposal by February 2021 on NISOD's website.