[SPT/CWIS] Advanced Search limits don't work

Edward Almasy ealmasy at scout.wisc.edu
Thu May 5 11:56:10 CDT 2005

On Thu, May 05, at 11:04:37AM, Herr, Jeremy wrote:
> 	This may have been noted already, but in the Advanced Search
> page, setting limits always yields 0 results.  For example, all 14 of
> our resources are in English, and I checked to see that they were all
> correctly labeled.  But searching under Date Issued 1999 - 2005 (which
> otherwise yields every single resource) AND limiting to language =
> English yields 0 results.

   This is a problem with some versions of MySQL.  If you add at least
   one controlled name variant (doesn't matter what value or where -- you
   just need to have at least one in the system so it's not querying off
   of an empty table) it should fix the above.

   Ed

   Edward Almasy                                     ealmasy at scout.wisc.edu
   Co-Director                                         1210 W Dayton Street
   Internet Scout Project                                  Madison WI 53706
   Computer Sciences Department                        608-262-6606 (voice)
   University of Wisconsin - Madison                     608-265-9296 (fax)