[SPT/CWIS] New CWIS release date?

Edward Almasy ealmasy at scout.wisc.edu
Tue May 10 18:01:43 CDT 2005

On Mon, May 09, at 02:46:25PM, Rolando Lopes Isidoro wrote:
> Hi, over 2 months ago I’ve sent a message to this mailing list concerning
> some issue, to which Ed replied and said that a new CWIS release would be
> out in 4-6 weeks. I’ve just come to realize that the aimed date has
> already passed by and since I’m eager to put my hands in the next version
> of this excellent software I was wondering if there is any new information
> someone could give regarding that subject.

   We generally don't mention release dates until they're concrete for exactly
   this reason -- to avoid setting and then not meeting expectations.  There
   have been several issues brought up in the last month or so that have
   caused us to delay releasing the new version.  At this point we're anxious
   to get it out to you, but we also want to make sure the new software
   doesn't create more headaches than it cures, so the only release date I can
   give right now is "when it's ready".

   Edward Almasy                                     ealmasy at scout.wisc.edu
   Co-Director                                         1210 W Dayton Street
   Internet Scout Project                                  Madison WI 53706
   Computer Sciences Department                        608-262-6606 (voice)
   University of Wisconsin - Madison                     608-265-9296 (fax)