[SPT/CWIS] fatal error

Edward Almasy ealmasy at scout.wisc.edu
Thu May 12 16:36:36 CDT 2005

On Thu, May 12, at 02:15:37PM, Ann Wilkens wrote:
> I'm brand new to using CWIS.  When I try to enter a new resource I get
> a message that says:
>   Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in
>   /opt/cwis/include/SPT--Resource.php on line 657
> what does this mean?  and any advice how to fix it?  Ann

   In a nutshell, it means that CWIS is trying to save a value into a
   metadata field that doesn't exist.  Have any changes been made directly
   to the underlying SQL database?  Or if not, have you made changes to the
   default set of metadata field definitions?  (If nothing's been done to
   modify the SQL database directly the error is obviously a bug, but it'll
   help to know what changes or additions were made to the metadata fields
   leading up to this point.)

   Ed

   Edward Almasy                                     ealmasy at scout.wisc.edu
   Co-Director                                         1210 W Dayton Street
   Internet Scout Project                                  Madison WI 53706
   Computer Sciences Department                        608-262-6606 (voice)
   University of Wisconsin - Madison                     608-265-9296 (fax)