[SPT/CWIS] Keyword and Advanced search for Subject

Edward Almasy ealmasy at scout.wisc.edu
Thu May 19 06:26:21 CDT 2005

On Tue, May 17, at 11:13:04AM, Audrey Borus wrote:
> Using CWIS V 1.3.1. I have modified the Subject field so that it should
> appear in keyword searches; however, it does not. An advanced search yields
> no results either. Don't know whether this is similar to the problem Jeremy
> was having with advanced searching and date ranges. Please advise.

   Did you rebuild your search database?  You'll need to rebuild it if
   you change a field to be included in keyword or advanced search, for
   that field to be seen in searches, since the system only creates search
   indices for fields marked to be included in search.

   Ed

   Edward Almasy                                     ealmasy at scout.wisc.edu
   Co-Director                                         1210 W Dayton Street
   Internet Scout Project                                  Madison WI 53706
   Computer Sciences Department                        608-262-6606 (voice)
   University of Wisconsin - Madison                     608-265-9296 (fax)