[SPT/CWIS] SPT Configuration Problem.

Edward Almasy ealmasy at scout.wisc.edu
Wed Sep 6 14:23:18 CDT 2006

On Sep 4, 2006, at 9:36 AM, Bakari Rashid wrote:
> Each time I try to configure my SPT, I receive this error message
> although
> I have supplied all the necessary information. The error message is:
> "The following problems were detected during installation:
> The database host name you entered, '', does not appear to be valid.

    If you're running PHP 5, then you probably need to set
    the register_long_arrays value in your php.ini configuration
    file to "true", so that the $HTTP_*_VARS arrays are defined.

    (The default value for this is "true", but it appears that
    some prepackaged PHP setups have it set to "false".)

    Ed

---
    Edward Almasy
ealmasy at scout.wisc.edu
    Co-Director                                         1210 W Dayton
Street
    Internet Scout                                          Madison
WI 53706
    Computer Sciences Department                        608-262-6606
(voice)
    University of Wisconsin - Madison
608-265-9296 (fax)