[SPT/CWIS] new to the list, question about uploading images

Edward Almasy ealmasy at scout.wisc.edu
Wed Sep 6 14:33:16 CDT 2006

On Sep 1, 2006, at 11:08 AM, Sonya Norris wrote:
> My quandry is this: we can't seem to properly upload images to adjoin
> records. Or rather, we can upload them just fine but the php is
> messing
> with the image dimensions in such a way that the images don't display.
> The lines of code that seem to be causing the damage are in the
> SPT--SPTImage.php file and I've starred the lines below that are
> generating error messages.
>                     *******$this->PreviewWidth = ($MaxPreviewHeight *
> $SrcImage->XSize()) / $SrcImage->YSize();
>                    ******* $this->ThumbnailWidth =
> ($MaxThumbnailHeight
> * $SrcImage->XSize()) / $SrcImage->YSize();

    What error messages are these lines generating?

    The problem may stem from your PHP installation not
    including the GD image library.  (CWIS attempts to
    make use of external utilities if it can't find the
    needed internal GD support, but calling external
    programs is a much less reliable solution.)  To see
    if you have GD, take a look at the phpinfo() display
    (available via the Administration page in CWIS), and
    look for a section titled "gd".

    Ed

---
    Edward Almasy
ealmasy at scout.wisc.edu
    Co-Director                                         1210 W Dayton
Street
    Internet Scout                                          Madison
WI 53706
    Computer Sciences Department                        608-262-6606
(voice)
    University of Wisconsin - Madison
608-265-9296 (fax)