[SPT/CWIS] phpinfo

Edward Almasy ealmasy at scout.wisc.edu
Wed Jul 2 12:24:44 CDT 2008

On Jun 23, 2008, at 3:59 AM, Ale Fernandez wrote:
> Just trying to install CWIS - I emailed last week ("new version of
> SPT?") and now I'm doing as suggested, but it tries to put a
> phpinfo.php
> file on the directory where I'm trying to install - this is not
> allowed
> now in many servers because of the security risk. Do you know if
> there's
> a workaround install script? Or I could somehow feed it what it's
> trying
> to get from phpinfo...

You can just delete the phpinfo.php file after running the
installation script -- it's only used to check the PHP version.  We'll
replace the phpinfo() call with phpversion() in the next release.

Ed

---
    Edward Almasy                             ealmasy at scout.wisc.edu
    Co-Director                                 1210 W Dayton Street
    Internet Scout                                  Madison WI 53706
    Computer Sciences Department                608-262-6606 (voice)
    University of Wisconsin - Madison             608-265-9296 (fax)