[SPT/CWIS] CWIS 1.9.2 Released

Edward Almasy ealmasy at scout.wisc.edu
Wed Sep 30 12:35:24 CDT 2009

CWIS version 1.9.2 has been released, and is now available for
download on the Scout web site at:

This is an ALPHA RELEASE, leading up to CWIS 2.0, and as such is not
intended for production use on a live public site.

This version introduces the "Point" base metadata field type, further
extends the plugin subsystem, and adds more developer documentation,
as well as fixing a few bugs that were reported.  This will likely be
the last alpha release.

We would appreciate it if you could try this new release with a test
copy of your existing CWIS-based site and report back on any problems
that you encounter.  In particular for this release we are interested
in any additional feedback you may have on ways to make the plugin
support more useful to you, or plugins you would like to see
developed.  Bug reports and other feedback can be sent to: cwissupport at scout.wisc.edu

We look forward to your feedback on this new version of CWIS.

    Edward Almasy                             ealmasy at scout.wisc.edu
    Co-Director                                 1210 W Dayton Street
    Internet Scout                                  Madison WI 53706
    Computer Sciences Department                608-262-6606 (voice)
    University of Wisconsin - Madison             608-265-9296 (fax)