Internet Scout is pleased to announce the release of CWIS 2.4.0. The new release includes both new functionality and plugins, as well as some updates to popular existing plugins. As with all updates, the goal of this release is to enhance your CWIS experience, so if you have any questions or feedback, please let us know, either by posting in the CWIS forums or by contacting us directly.
The additions and updates included in CWIS 2.4.0 are the following:
- new completely-revamped metadata field editor
- new ability to group metadata fields into collapsible sections within the resource editing interface
- new "Requeue All" option for orphaned tasks on Task Queue page
- new option to pause background task execution (available on Task Queue page)
- server load average now displayed on Administration page
- metadata field ordering functionality revamped
- new "Recently Added Records" section on Metadata Tool home page
- Folders: create and save resource folders (groups of resources), add notes to resources and folders, move resources around in folders and between folders with a drag-and-drop interface
- Pages: create new web pages and add and edit content on these pages with a WYSIWYG editor
- Developer: display page variable values and set PHP error reporting level from the web interface
- Backward Compatibility: encapsulates and isolates some of the CWIS 1.x backward compatibility code
- Mailman: new one-click unsubscribe mechanism
- GoogleMaps: improved KML 2.2 schema compliance
- DrupalSync: new automatic propagation of accounts from CWIS to Drupal for CWIS accounts that predate usage of the plugin
- AutoScreenshot: improved error handling and new support for 64-bit servers
- Mailer: new email test option on mail template editing interface
CWIS 2.4.0 requires PHP 5.0.5 or newer and MySQL 5.0 or newer. Sites running CWIS 1.4.0 or SPT 1.4.0 or later can upgrade directly to 2.4.0; sites running versions prior to 1.4.0 will first need to upgrade to 1.4.0 and then to 2.4.0.
After installing the new version, we would ask that you use the Register with Scout feature on the Administration menu to let us know you're using the new version of software. This helps us determine what kind of operating environments the software is running in, and where next to go with development.
We look forward to your feedback on this new version of CWIS.