CWIS version 3.2.0 has been released, and is now available for download!
As might be surmised from some of the entries on the list below, considerable time and effort was spent by the development team in recent months on performance and SEO (Search Engine Optimization – how your likely people are to find your site via search engines), resulting in very significant improvements in those areas.
This release also contains a lot of new functionality. Some highlights:
- New Batch Edit plugin, that allows you to make changes to collections of resources all at once.
- New Mail It plugin, that allows users to send email to themselves or others with information about a resource.
- New My Searches plugin, that displays a list of recent searches conducted by the user.
- New PHPList plugin, which provides integration with the PHPList mailing list platform.
- The Blog plugin now supports multiple blogs, and the old “Site News” functionality has been replaced with a blog.
- The Folders plugin now allows users to add/remove resources to/from a folder interactively, without reloading the current page.
- The Pages plugin now has support for WYSIWYG editing, uploading images and files, and inserting those images and files within a page.
- Page caching is now supported for anonymous users, which can speed up page loading and greatly improve the user experience.
And there are more enhancements, performance tweaks, and of course bug fixes. For a more complete list, please see the CWIS Revision History option, available off of the Administration menu.
CWIS 3.2.0 requires PHP 5.2.1 or newer and MySQL 5.0 or newer. As always, after installing the new version we ask that you use the Register with Scout feature on the Administration menu to let us know you're using the new version of the software. It really helps us determine what kind of operating environments the software is running in, and where to go next with development.
We look forward to your feedback on this new version of CWIS.