CWIS statistics

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
guidicini
CWIS statistics

Hello,

we are the University of Torino and we have adopted CWIS as a repository for all our electronic resources and the related licenses.

For this task we would like to have some usage statistics. The plugin we have found on Scout website is ok, but it would be nice to also distinguish between accesses made by generic users and the ones made by authenticated users.

Does anyone knows if there's a plugin or any additional code developed for this purpose?

If not I leave this comment here for further developments of the application in case that could be of general interest.

Thank you anyway for reading my post :-)

Fabrizio

ealmasy
Re: CWIS statistics

Hi Fabrizio.  The MetricsReporter plugin currently available has a plugin configuration option that lets you specify which users to exclude from full record view and URL click counts, based on their user privilege flags, so there is some support right now along the lines of what you describe.

Work is currently under way to significantly extend MetricsReporter.  We don't yet have an ETA for when the new version will be released, but if you'll describe specific functionality you group would like to see added, I can see if we can include it.

guidicini
Re: CWIS statistics - Metric recorder

Hello Ealmasy,

first of all thanks a lot for your reply.

I have followed your advice, but I wish to point out that I'm afraid there could be a problem in the counts of the plugin Metric recorder.

The problem is that if I set (for instance) the user "Personal resource administrator" in the plugin configuration and then i log in  as such a user and i click on a resource and then on the full record for that resource and after that i come back to the Metric Reporter window i find that

1) " Top Resource URL Click Counts" has NOT been increased, while

2) "Top Full Record View Counts" HAS been incresed

Is there anything i can do by myself to fix this issue?

Thanks a lot in aadvance.

Fabrizio

ealmasy
Re: CWIS statistics - Metric recorder

What version of CWIS are you running?  I believe the issue you describe may have been fixed in 2.4.1.

guidicini

After your hint on the version ;-) I have noticed that the version we are running (even though recently - a few months - updated) is the 2.4.0

So I will try to update it to the 2.4.1 and i'll let you know if the problem gets fixed.

Thank you!!

Fabrizio

guidicini
Re: CWIS statistics - update - just a little warning to fix

Hello Ealmasy,

finally I have updated CWIS to the version 2.4.1. Everything went well, but when I  request the Metrics page i  get a list of metrics with, at the top of the page, the two following warnings:

Warning: implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed in /var/www/localhost/htdocs/library.unito.it/cwis/plugins/MetricsReporter/CollectionReports.html on line 9

Warning: implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed in /var/www/localhost/htdocs/library.unito.it/cwis/plugins/MetricsReporter/CollectionReports.html on line 17

I attach to this post the file regarding the warnings. I have checked it but i can't see anything wrong compared with the original one and i really can't find where's the problem.

I have made a search on the internet about the warning itself in general and it seems related to an argument which is expected to be an array but it isn't.

I am not a php guru ;-)... may i ask you a further help to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance!!

Fabrizio

ealmasy

Hi Fabrizio.  It looks like the configuration setting for that plugin in your installation may be corrupted.  If you go into the configuration for the MetricsReporter plugin and set the Exclude Users With value again and save the new setting, that should fix it.

Ed

guidicini

Hi Ed,

thanks for the tip. Infact after doing what you suggested the warning disappeared.

Nonetheless I must say that whatever configuration i choose in MetricsReporter plugin the "top record full view counts" gets increased when i clik on it with that user.

Only the "Top Resource URL Click Counts" doesn't change.

Is there anything else i can do to fix this problem? It seems that the uprade to version 2.4.1 had not effect on this.

Fabrizio

ealmasy

We have not been able to replicate the behavior you're seeing (full record view counts including users who should be excluded), but did find another issue, that could potentially be related.  We've released an update to the MetricsRecorder plugin that should fix the issue we discovered, if you want to try it to see if it also helps with the problem you've encountered.

Ed

guidicini

Hello Ed,

thank you anyway for your kind help!! Probably we'll have to leave things as they are.

As a last try I send you attached to this post some screenshots and the files we have installed related to the plugin MetricsRecorder and Reporter hoping thay could be of any help to possibly identify the problem.

If not never mind :-) Probably things will be ok in a future realease.

Thanks really A LOT for your kindness and help!!! :-)

Fabrizio