viewport meta tag

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
holmesg
viewport meta tag

I inherited a CWIS site.

It has a meta tag, viewport, that is set like this:

<meta name=“viewport” content=“width=device-width, initial-scale=1, maximum-scale=1”>

This is preventing zooming on mobile devices. But we want it to be zoomable on mobile devices.

I have not been able to figure out where tag this is coming from!  I searched the site files and also a full database export, and did not find it. Hoping someone might have some suggestions?

ealmasy
Re: viewport meta tag

What version of CWIS are you running?

holmesg

Using CWIS version: 2.4.0

tbaumgard

There isn't anything in CWIS that produces that specific meta tag so there must be some customization that is causing it to show up. The places I'd check are:

1. Any custom interfaces, focusing on the StdPageStart.html and StdPageEnd.html files. Custom interfaces should be in the local/interfaces directory, but may have been incorrectly placed in the interfaces directory. It's also possible that there is some JavaScript adding that tag, which could be tricky to search for if the author used the document.createElement() function or some framework to add it to the page.
  2. Any custom plugins, particularly those that signal the EVENT_IN_HTML_HEADER event. Custom plugins should be in the local/plugins directory, but my have been incorrectly placed in the plugins directory.

Is it possible that the webserver is automatically adding that tag before sending HTML?

holmesg

Thanks tbaumgard! It was indeed in StdPageStart.html. Not sure how I had missed it when searching the file contents.