I have read all the relevant documentation about this subject but un fortunately I still have some unclear aspects on how to set user privileges to our back office users, for this reason I'd be grateful if someone could give me help for a possible "in depth" explanation about how they work exactly?
Just some questions I may ask are...
1) Which is the difference between the settings I can set using EDIT on the top right side of the Metadata Filed Editor screen chosing "Default schema" and the same ones chosing "User schema" from the dropdown list at the top right side of the Metadata Filed Editor?
2) Which are the differences between the two sections "Deafult schema" and "user Schema" and what do they control?
3) Once I edit a filed setting at the bottom there's a section "Privileges", how do the settings here affect the field or the whole system?
4) Is there a dependency between the authoring and editing privileges wherever they are set?
Besides... what would be the best practice in our case (as it regards user privileges settings)? Our instance of CWIS forsee basically 3 types of users:
- the general public who can just view the content of the resource records (not all of the fileds but just some of them)
- The resource administrators who are in charge to both add a new resource and manage them completely filling the content of the fields
- System administrators who are in caharge of managing the whole system (nothing excluded).
Thank you in advance for any help you could give.