OAI-PMH plugin not working

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
enricofrancese
OAI-PMH plugin not working

Our OAI-PMH plugin is not working anymore.

When we call a simple verb, we get this error:

<b>Notice</b>: Undefined variable: SelectedFormat in <b>/var/www/localhost/htdocs/library.unito.it/preferito/plugins/OAIPMHServer/OAI.php</b> on line <b>47</b><br />
^

You can test it on our base-url: http://library.unito.it/preferito/index.php?verb=

We are using cwis 2.4.0, with PHP 5.3.26 and MySql 5.5.32. The Plugin version is 1.0.1.

Does anyone else get this error?

We cannot harvest our CWIS via Primo anymore.

Thanks for help.

enricofrancese
Re: OAI-PMH plugin not working

UPDATE

The OAI-PMH call gives the above error from Firefox (v. 20). It gets a regular message from Chrome (v. 25.0).

It fails though from the test-page provided at http://re.cs.uct.ac.za/

ealmasy

Hi!  Which commands are failing for you on the OAI Repository Explorer?  It seemed to work okay when we tested it with your repository base URL.

enricofrancese

Thanks for the help. This is strange anyway.

The test from the OAI Repository Explorer works fine now. Yet I haven't done anything. Every verb responds fine.

What puzzles me is the fact that the calls made from the browser get this error from Firefox v.20:

<b>Notice</b>: Undefined variable: SelectedFormat in <b>/var/www/localhost/htdocs/library.unito.it/preferito/plugins/OAIPMHServer/OAI.php</b> on line <b>47</b><br />
^

while they get a regular response from other browsers.

I have also understood why the harvest failed in Primo. There was an error in my dc-mapping, probably due to the upgrade we made few weeks ago, which excluded the mandatory field "title".

But I have another question now: in the previous version of the plugin, I seem to recall that you could map more than one field from the cwis record to the same dc field, such as:

tag > dc:subject

subject > dc:subject

classification >dc:subject

Now I cannot do that anymore. Is it still possible somehow?