Unknown Folder ID (0)

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
slewnau
Unknown Folder ID (0)

I've had to modify the CWIS table create SQL files as they make too many assumptions.  First I set the resources table to ENGINE = MYISAM as innodb does not allow FULLTEXT.  Secondly, when the Folders table is created, the OwnerId column is set to Not NULL but there is no default value given and the update code makes INSERT statements without setting OwnerId, so it fails.

This is less of a question and more to tell you that these should be fixed as, out of box, CWIS 3.0 does not work properly.

ealmasy
Re: Unknown Folder ID (0)

You're right -- up until recently MyISAM was the default storage engine for MySQL and so we didn't explicity set it during installation.  We'll get that corrected ASAP.

On the Folders, what were you doing when the INSERT error came up?  The OwnerId should always be set during normal folder creation, so we must have missed an execution path that leads to a folder being created with no owner.

Thank you for the feedback -- it is definitely appreciated!

slewnau

Hi, thanks for responding to the issue.  The INSERT error came up while running installcwis.php and upgrading from version 2.04 to version 3.

Another issue that I'm having even once the updgrade fully runs is incredibly long page loads (around 1 minute) for simply browsing with myself as the only user.  Before upgrading, a page load would take fraction of a second if not searching and then maybe 1-2 seconds while searching.  Thanks for your help.

ealmasy

With the load page load times, a couple of questions that may help us help you pin down the cause and fix the problem:

• Does it happen when accessing the site with all browsers (Firefox, Safari, Chrome, IE), or just one particular browser?
  • Are there tasks currently in the background task queue?  (See the Task Queue option on the Admin page.)
  • Does it make any difference if you turn off background task execution (checkbox on the upper right of the Task Queue page)?

We've seen some issues like this in the past, connected to background task execution and certain browsers/versions not recognizing when the connection has closed, and the answers to the above will help determine if the cause is likely in that area or elsewhere.