upgrade error, 2.4.0 to 3.1.0

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
holmesg
upgrade error, 2.4.0 to 3.1.0

I just did a test upgrade of a CWIS site from version 2.4.0 to 3.1.0.

When I try to run installcwis.php I get this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method SystemConfiguration::AccessibilityWizardEnabled() in {path}/local/interface/{theme}/include/StdPageStart.html on line 281

ealmasy
Re: upgrade error, 2.4.0 to 3.1.0

Ah, we removed the last vestiges of the old Accessibility Wizard in 3.1.0, and tried to avoid breaking anything in old interfaces in doing so, but obviously missed a bit.  If you unzip the attached file into your installation (resulting in an updated version of SystemConfiguration.php in the objects directory), it should clear up the problem.

[attachment supplanted by patch available farther down in this thread]

holmesg

I see, thanks!

Oh, however ,,,

• Checksum does not match for CWIS distribution file objects/SystemConfiguration.php.
ealmasy

Sorry, forgot the problem was during install, making file checksums an issue.

The attached file has both SystemConfiguration.php (goes into objects) and an updated CHECKSUMS file (goes into install).

holmesg

I got around the checksum failure(s) by putting a filename if around the checksum test in installcwis.php .... but now the problem is that it looks like it is trying to do a fresh install, not an upgrade.

This is the name of the SQL database (the internal database name that you yourself choose, like PortalDB or OurDB, not the name of the database software package) that we will use to store portal information.

Please Note: If this database already exists, it must not already contain tables or data.

holmesg

It appears that this was due to the install failing and leaving things in an inconsistent state. Restoring my original VERSION and config.php files fixed it.

holmesg

OK, then I got as far as:

Upgrading database to version 3.0.2...
Upgrading database to version 3.1.0...
Errors Encountered:
Database command failed:
DROP TABLE UserUIPreferences;
(SQL error: Unknown table 'UserUIPreferences')

Please correct these problems and re-run the installation.

So I created an empty table named UserUIPreferences, re-ran the installation, and it finally appeared to finish :)

Thanks for all your help!