Database error message activating a plugin

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
guidicini
Database error message activating a plugin

Hello,

activating the plugin Pages above the header of the front end of CWIS I obtain this error message:

SQL Error: Table 'librtesting.Pages_Pages' doesn't exist (1146)
SQL Statement: ALTER TABLE Pages_Pages ADD COLUMN CleanUrl TEXT
Trace:
  Database::Query("ALTER TABLE Pages_Pages ADD COLUMN Clean...") - plugins/Pages/Pages.php:142
  Pages::Upgrade("1.0.1") - lib/ScoutLib/PluginManager.php:608
  PluginManager::InstallPlugin(Pages) - lib/ScoutLib/PluginManager.php:185
  PluginManager::LoadPlugins() - include/StartUp.php:121
  require_once("/home/htdocs/library.unito.it/cwis/inclu...") - index.php:38

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/htdocs/library.unito.it/cwis/lib/AxisPHP/Axis--Database.php:1223) in /home/htdocs/library.unito.it/cwis/lib/ScoutLib/ApplicationFramework.php on line 583

At the same time the search engine at the top right stopped working.

Can anyone help me with this problem?

Thank you very much in advance.

Fabrizio

ealmasy
Re: Database error message activating a plugin

Hi Fabrizio.  Was this on a fresh 3.9.0 install, or on an upgraded site?  And if it was an upgrade, what version did you upgrade from?

guidicini

Hello, the issue happened with after an upgrade from version 2.4.0 to version 3.2.0.

The only way I found to temporarily fix the problem was to modify the "activation" status of the plugin directly in the plugin table of the database switching its value from 1 to 0. This way CWIS doesn't see the plugin as activated and so the error message was removed and search enging functionality restored.

The fact is that now I don't dare to activate the same plugin or others because I'm afraid the problem could show again and possibly even in a an unrecoverable way.

Is there a way to fix the problem in general?

Thank you for your support.

Fabrizio

ealmasy

The issue you describe should only affect the Pages plugin, so you should not have to worry about enabling another other plugins.

It sounds like at some point in the past the Pages plugin was partially upgraded to a new version, without that upgrade completing.  Do you have any content already being managed by Pages?  If not, you may just be able to uninstall the plugin (from the Plugins page) and then enable it, triggering a clean install.  If you do have content being managed by Pages, then we'll need to figure out the current state of the database to determine what needs to happen to get it to a workable configuration.

guidicini

When I try to uninstall the plugin what I obtain is the follwogin error messagenon blank screen:

Fatal error: Class 'Pages_PageFactory' not found in /home/htdocs/library.unito.it/cwis/plugins/Pages/Pages.php on line 177

The only thing i can do is pressing the back button of the borwser.

FAb

ealmasy

Ah, I think you've just an encountered a plugin loading order issue that we fixed in 3.9.0.  Sorry -- I didn't realize it would come into play in this case.

If you unzip the attached file and copy the PluginUninstall.php file inside into the pages subdirectory, I think it should let you uninstall the plugin.

Attachments: