Admin login problems

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Denis Raul
Admin login problems

Hi, I'm using CWIS to build a project. I have installed on Debian 7, Apache and MySQL. It works great, but when I try to loggin with the user name and password I wrote during installation, refresh the page and does not enter the administration panel.

chalpin
Re: Admin login problems

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "refresh the page and does not enter the administration panel."

Are you unable to log in at all? If so, are you using the 'secure login' feature and does unchecking that box remedy the issue? The secure login feature requires php's openssl module; is it possible this module is disabled in your configuration?

Or are you able to log in, but the "Administration" menu does not appear on the right side?

Or are you able to log in and the "Administration" menu appears at right, but you get some error when clicking on it? If so, what is the error?

If you could clarify the above and let us know which version of CWIS you're using, that would help in resolving the issue.

Denis Raul
Okay
My problem is exactly that: the administration menu does not appear after typing the username and password that I wrote during the installation process

When I write username and password nothing happens.

I tried to write an incorrect user or password and the system gives me an error
When the correct user and password I write does not fail, but the administration menu does not appear

I tried to enter with "Secure login" turned on and off and the problem continues. Even so I have enabled the openssl module, but the problem continues

I´m using CWIS 241

Thanks for answering
chalpin

Can you attach a screenshot of what you see after logging in with the correct username and password?

Denis Raul
okay
I can attach a screenshot but what you can see is the home page of CWIS newly installed, emits no mistake, not again after writing the username and password NOTHING appears, it's like you I mention: you write user and password and nothing happens...

I put the screenshot attached file named screenshot.zip

thanks

chalpin

I'm not finding an attachment, but from your most recent description, it sounds like the login is failing without giving an error message?  So instead of a successful login, where you get a menu at the right that says "Hello, USERNAME", provides the user with 'Preferences' and 'Log Out' options along with other options depending on their permissions, you just see the front page again with the login prompt still in place?

Can I ask why you're using CWIS 2.4.1, rather than the most recent stable release (3.2.0) or even the 3.9.0 beta release?  Much has changed since 2.4.1 was released in 2013, including numerous bugfixes and compatiblity fixes with more recent PHP versions. I can help you attempt to debug the problem with 2.4.1, but it's entirely possible that you're encoutering a bug we've already fixed in the newer versions. Would you be willing to try a newer version?

Denis Raul
okay

Just try CWIS 39 and it happens exactly the same problem, I think it should be problem (Debian 7) operating system or Apache or MySQL

Can you recommend a Linux in which you have tested the CWIS 39 and it work well?
chalpin

I've just installed CWIS 3.9.0 on a Debian 7 virtual machine, and I have not encountered the issue you report. Our production sites all run on CentOS 6, but since I cannot reproduce your issue even under Debian 7, I suspect changing distribution will not help you.

There were no errors from the installation at all? Nothing in either logs/install.log within your cwis site or in apache's error_log? The user you created was valid, having a username of at least 2 characters, a password of at least 6 characters, and a valid email address?

Denis Raul

ok hi

I do not know the reason yet, when I use Google Chromium appears the problem, but if I use Icewasel, Firefox or Waterfox have no problem, everything works fine.