blog plugin and announcements on homepage

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Dsov18
blog plugin and announcements on homepage

We have the blog plugin acting as the source of homepage announcements. When a new blog is created, the link and image uploaded to the new blog are each posted directly to our homepage in the primary text field under the navigation bar. However, only the two most recent blogs (announcements) are shown. Navigating through “Administration” – “System Configuration” and under the “Interface” section, there is a box for “Announcements on Home Page” that will accept any value. However, changing this setting does not have any effect on the number of posts that are visible on the homepage. Is there something we can do to allow older posts to remain visible on the homepage? Unfortunately I am ignorant to most coding language, but noticed that the overflow for that content area is currently written as "hidden." While my preference, assuming we could get additional announcements maintained as visible on the homepage, would be to have that field set to scroll, I don't believe that is actually the source of our issue. Any insight would be very much appreciated.

ealmasy
Re: blog plugin and announcements on homepage

What version of CWIS are you running?

Dsov18

*I also experienced this tinkering with 3.9.1 beta, but we have not transitioned our site to that version as of yet.

ealmasy

Sorry - it looks like a value was not being set in the default interface.  If you unpack the attached zip file and copy the file therein (Home.html) into your interface/default directory, it should make the "Announcements On Home Page" configuration setting work correctly.

Attachments: