Updating to version 4.1.1

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Anonymous
Updating to version 4.1.1

Greetings, I am working on WAMP 2.5 with cwis version 2.4.1 and I have several errors such as: 

Deprecated: mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead in E:\wamp\www\temasdesalud\lib\AxisPHP\Axis--Database.php on line 59

Warning: symlink(): Could not fetch file information(error 3) in E:\wamp\www\temasdesalud\include\Compat.php on line 46

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at E:\wamp\www\temasdesalud\include\Compat.php:46) in E:\wamp\www\temasdesalud\lib\ScoutLib\ApplicationFramework.php on line 406

If I update to version 4.1.1 will the errors be corrected? Or would I have to start over?

chalpin
Re: Updating to version 4.1.1

Upgrading to CWIS 4.1.1 will definitely resolve the deprecation message about mysql_connect().

The warning message about symlink() is bubbling up from inside the CreateCompatibilityLinks() function in a spot where it installs a relative symbolic link to provide support for custom interfaces that were created for CWIS 1.x. Apparently, Windows does not support relative symbolic links, which is why this is failing. However, that code is no longer present in CWIS 4.1.1, so upgrading should resolve that issue as well.

The warning about "Cannot modify header information" is actually just a consequence of the previous two messages.The software is trying to set an HTTP header in a location where, normally, the body of the response would not have been started. However, because the two previous messages caused the HTTP body to start it is no longer possible to set headers.