CWIS version 2.9.0 has been released, and is now available for download on the Scout site.
This is an alpha release, working toward CWIS 3.0. Though we've been running it at Scout for a number of months, it is not recommended for use on a live production site.
A few of the highlights:
- new conditional privilege system for metadata schemas and fields
- internal support for multiple metadata schemas
- incremental keyword search (disabled by default)
- completely revamped user help
- CleanURLs plugin (provides SEO-friendly clean URLs for resource browsing and full record pages)
- CalendarEvents plugin (provides configurable full-featured events calendar)
- Blog plugin (provides blog support)
- MobileUISwitcher plugin (provides the ability to automatically switch to a particular user interface if a mobile device is detected)
- SocialMedia plugin added (provides social-media-friendly data in resource full record pages to make them more easily shareable via social media)
- UserCreator plugin added (provides the ability to create new user accounts on the fly when editing resource records)
- significantly expanded developer documentation
CWIS 2.9.0 requires PHP 5.2 or newer and MySQL 5.0 or newer. Sites running CWIS 1.4.0 or SPT 1.4.0 or later can upgrade directly to 2.9.0; sites running versions prior to 1.4.0 will first need to upgrade to 1.4.0 and then to 2.9.0.
After installing the new version, we would ask that you use the Register with Scout feature on the Administration menu to let us know you're using the new version of software. It really helps us determine what kind of operating environments the software is running in, and where next to go with development.
We look forward to your feedback on this new version of CWIS.