Interface customization documentation

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
guidicini
Interface customization documentation

Hello,

I'd like to learn more in depth how the cwis interface works in order to cutomize it properly.

Is there any document explaining how the interface structure works and how to change its aspect?

Something that goes more in depth than the help included in CWIS and than studying line by line the code?

Thank you.

Fabrizio

ealmasy
Re: Interface customization documentation

Have you looked through the CWIS Developer Documentation that's distributed with the software?  (It's linked on the Administration menu and can also been found on the public CWIS demo site here.)  It goes through creating a new interface step-by-step.

Otherwise, if you have specific questions we would be happy to answer them here in the forum.

guidicini
Re: Interface customization documentation

Hello Ealmasy,

yes I hav read that section of thye guide.

What I would need is a more in depth knowledge of the structure of all the pages and files of a user interface because i would like to possibly create a custom one.

FOr instance... should I wish to use a css framework to implement a new interface... which are all the elements of the original code I have to place in the new template in order to make it work?

Another possibility would be... how to integrate CWIS  pages insde a CMS like Drupal. Which parts of the source code I have to consider to embed cwis features in an external cms?

The step by step guide describe only the first very basic steps, but it doesn't go in depth in the description of the important elements of the code  to consider.

Maybe there is somewhere a guide helping me to better understand how to manage the interface code... but haven't found it yet. :-)

Thank you for any help you could give.

Fabrizio